This pasta recipe feels like a heavy cream sauce without all the fat and calories. It uses part-skim ricotta and pasta water which mimics an alfredo-type sauce. The recipe is as follows:
1. Boil 1 # of whole wheat linguine for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta, but, make sure you reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Add 1/2 c. part-skim ricotta to the hot pasta.
2. Next, saute 1 chopped clove of garlic in 3 T olive oil. Add 1/2# of trimmed green beans. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the reserved pasta water and cook for about 4 minutes or until tender.
3. Add the pasta and ricotta mixture to the pan of green beans.
4. Add 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes and gently toss.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with the zest of 1 lemon. The lemon is key to lots of flavor in this dish, so, be generous with the zest.