Sunday, November 27, 2011

Going Bananas in Cleveland

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving in Cleveland. I ate in and I ate out. I took a moment to enjoy all the beauty which can be found in our city. All the while I felt grateful for my family, the delicious meal we shared, and the fun and culture we have at our fingertips living here in Cleveland.




We spent Thanksgiving at my house. This meal takes a lot of preparation, but, it is so gratifying for me to be able to do this for my family once a year.






Some tasty snackies prior to dinner......







B's delicious smoked turkey.... so glad it didn't rain.








Pear, Gorgonzola, and toasted pecan salad.... my favorite side dish.




On Friday, the weather was unsusually nice for this time of year(last year at this time we had a blizzard). So, we took a break from eating and walked off that Thanskgiving meal at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. Here are some pretty pictures......







I hate to say goodbye to fall but these Pointsettias are helping me to warm up to the idea of Christmas. This is what its all about.








As others were fighting it out in Walmarts around the country over "Black Friday" deals, I gazed up to see blue skies and this guy.







My sweet teens taking a break from their cell phones to actually speak to each other. It is the little things that warm my heart over the holidays.








Nothing makes me feel more happy than a room full of butterflies! I will make it to Costa Rica one of these years.




And to top off a great weekend, I ate at a fantastic Tai restaurant in Ohio City called the Banana Blossom!














More pretty pictures.....













We started off the meal with some Edamame lightly steamed and salted.

















My sister had the Lemongrass Chicken. The chicken was marinated with lemongrass and grilled. It is served over vegetables and topped with spinach.






















Although I am curious about curry dishes, I must confess that I usually shy away from curries because there are so many different types. I just wasn't sure how each of them differs. This menu has a "create your own curry" section which was complete with detailed descriptions of each type. They have 5 different curry sauces as follows: red curry, yellow curry, green curry, Massaman curry, and Panang curry. I chose salmon and vegetables simmered in the green curry. It was amazing... It was much sweeter than curried dishes I had tried in the past. The waiter even had the chef prepare the salmon the way I like it. And check out the carrot garnish( a bird shape) below.



Overall, I completely enjoyed this restaurant. It gets a 10 for service, creativity, and flavor. The menu is quite expansive, so, there are about 10 other things I would like to try. They are open for lunch and seemed to have a busy "take out" business. You could say I've gone "bananas" over Banana Blossom. Ha, ha.... time to end this post.











































2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great T-day! Bill's turkey looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the pear, gorgonzola and pecan side dish!!

    Tiffany
    http://LifeFoodStore.com

    ReplyDelete