Saturday, June 26, 2010

Time for summer salsa

This to me is the epitome of summer.... Salsa(and a margarita)! My tomatoes are not yet ripe, but, I cannot wait. So I used plum tomatoes from the store. But, I did use fresh cilantro from my husband's garden. Speaking of my husband, he is out with my daughter sabotaging my healthy efforts at one of the local rib festivals. I guess that is their idea of summer. I took a pass and whipped up this salsa and some banana bread instead(that took some self-control). Anyhow, here is the recipe. I think it is awesome.....


Sue's Serendipitous Salsa:


8 plum tomatoes quartered and seeded

1/4 c. cilantro

1/4 cup chopped green onions

1 jalapeno(add more if you like it hot)

1 clove of garlic

juice from 2 limes

3- 4 tsp of cider vinegar

1 tsp salt

1-4 tsp black pepper



Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Enjoy with your favorite chips and cerveza.






2 comments: