I hope you all are not sick of tomato recipes because I have one more tomato soup recipe to share. It looks kind of simple but the flavors in this soup are sweet and tangy and delicious! It makes an easy weeknight dinner but could also be a great starter if you are having guests. You will not be sorry you made it in either scenario.
So here is the recipe for Tomato Rice Soup with Garlic and Herbs(William Sonoma).
- Mince 1 small yellow onion
- 1/2 c. of garlic cloves cut in halves
- Warm 3T of olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Saute until soft for about 15 minute.
- Add 2 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped.
- Add 3 cups of chicken stock and 1 cup of water. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes
- Chop 3 T of mixed chopped fresh parsley and chives
- Chop 1 T of fresh oregano and/or summer savory
- Add 1/3 cup long-grain white rice and herbs to the soup
- Simmer until the rice is cooked about 15-20 minutes