Saturday, April 2, 2011

Travels to Savannah Georgia

Savannaaaah...... How I love this town. This is the 4th time my family and I have vacationed here and I don't think I will ever grow tired of it. It is beautiful, quirky, energetic and has some of the best southern home cooking in the nation. In the spring, magnolia bushes paint this historic southern town with bright splashes of pinks and reds.

The Spanish moss drapes the trees...


The amazing architecture....

The beach on Tybee Island.... The spooky ghost tales including this heartbroken young woman who haunts this famous inn waiting for her soldier love to return from battle....... or this haunted mansion which was once a funeral home, then converted into a disco, and now an upscale B&B..... And did I mention food...


And more food... Yes, Paula Dean's world renowned Lady and Son's.


We had a fabulous time as usual. The weather was unusually chilly, so we were not able to swim at the beach but, made up for it touring all of Savannah. We also spent some very much needed family time and bonded over a few games of UNO. Over the next few posts I will show you some of the great meals we had while we ate our way through Savannah. I think I will definitely need some extra yoga and Stella walks this week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I LOVE it there too! Can't wait to see the food!

    ReplyDelete